Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Travel Philippines: Ceres Tours Supershots from Bacolod City to San Carlos City

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


While in Bacolod City, we barely missed the 8:30am A/C bus to Dumaguete and didn't want to wait for the 11:40am bus, so we took the Ceres Tours to San Carlos City. What?! You don't know what a "Ceres Tours"is? Okay, I'm sure you are not from Negros (lol) where the bus company is so popular that "Ceres" is used by residents as a substitute for the word "bus".



Ceres Tours is the other bus line by Vallacar Transit Inc. which also owns Ceres Liner, the largest bus company in the Province of Negros. The Bacolod City - San Carlos City ply through the scenic route of Don Benedicto Salvador. It was my first bus ride in this province so I feasted on the sights for 2 1/2 hours. 



Here are some of the captures by my ever reliable Nikon point and shoot camera (through the bus glass window).  





This is the "after passing by" picture of the viewing deck for the Malatan-og Falls. I didn't see it coming  so I wasn't ready with my shutter.






I spotted the welcome sign for the La Vista Resort Ultimate High Adventure. La Vista is a small deluxe resort in a spectacular setting with a nice view and intimate and friendly atmosphere in Brgy. Prosperidad, San Carlos City.




The scene is truly breathtaking!

9 comments:

  1. I can really imagine that place is free from air population.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea clean air Ms. Tessa! i was surprised and refreshed to know there are so many places still in the Philippines where air is not polluted unlike in Manila.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving a nice comment (literally haha). i hope to visit your blog too!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks David for the nice comment and for dropping by my blog!

      Delete
  4. You came out with pretty good pictures from a moving bus with your Nikon point and shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. sorry just saw the comments and forgot to reply.

      Delete
  5. Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for beginner blog writers? I'd really appreciate it.


    Stop by my web-site: interior design yuma az

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney