Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cebu City Family Tour: Commuting Here, There and Around

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

As a gift for the family, I want our Cebu trip to be a memorable vacation for everyone without breaking the banks (yea, my banks haha). The goals were: for everyone to experience air travel, perform temple ordinances for the living and the dead, and check out some local sights particularly the beaches! With these in mind and a family of 19 (with 10 kids at that!)all living in Quezon City to bring to Cebu and move around, transportation cost takes a large chunk of the budget.

Lobby of the Patron House, Cebu Temple

The first two goals were easily achieved with cheap round trip flights via Cebu Pacific Airlines (Php 28,500 total) and a family accommodations at the LDS Temple Patron House for only P1,920 for 4N/4D for 19 peeps . For the last goal we have a little bit of an adventure!

Checking In For Our Cebu Pacific Airlines flight at NAIA 3


From Home to NAIA 3 and vice versa
Mode of Transport: Owned Vehicles (Sportivo and Adventure)
Cost: Php 1000 (Php 500 each car)/ Parking Ticket for the Sportivo

From Cebu International Airport to LDS Cebu Temple in Lahug
Mode of Transport: Non-AC Coaster
Cost: Php 1,300

From LDS Cebu Temple to Taoist Temple in Lahug
Mode of Transport: On Foot (Walking)
Cost: Php 0 (with reduced fats!)

Walking To Taoist Temple


From Lahug to CnT Lechon then to Larsian
Mode of Transport: Jeepney
Cost: Php 200

Jeepney commute in Cebu is generally not that bad compared to Manila because there is less traffic and pollution. But avoid traveling by jeepney during rush hour (5:30-6:30pm) if you are a big group like us. We had to split in 3 groups and just met at the Capitol Building to take another jeepney ride to Guadalupe.

Outside of the Capitol Building, Cebu

From Larsian to LDS Cebu Temple
Mode of Transport: 3 Taxi Cabs
Cost: Php 300 (Php 100 each cab)

Near Larsian


From LDS Cebu Temple to Pungko-Pungk at JY Square
Mode of Transport: On Foot
Cost: Php 0

Right outside the LDS Temple


From LDS Cebu Temple to Hadsan Island Cove Beach Resort
Mode of Transport: 3 Taxi Cabs
Cost: Php 300 each cab (Php 900 total) with Php 100 tip

Imee & Francine inside their taxi cab


From Hadsan Island Cove Beach Resort to Cebu International Airport
Mode of Transport: 3 Taxi Cabs
Cost: Php 300 (Php 130/ 170 /and 300)

Family At Hadsan Beach


The going rate for taxi ride from Hadsan Beach to Mactan airport is Php 100 pesos, but our taxi drivers charged higher and varied - Php 130 / 170 and my group taxi driver is the worst - Php 300! I couldn't complained because I paid Php 500 and he just gave me P200 change and left.

10 comments:

  1. I lovе уour blog.. very niсe сolors & theme.
    Did you design this website youгself or
    did you hire somеone tο do it for you? Plz rеspοnd аs I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. kudos

    Feel free to surf to my webpage sound system

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy would уоu mind lеtting mе knοw which wеb host yоu're utilizing? I'vе loaded youг
    blog in 3 diffeгent browsеrs and I must sаy this blog
    loads a lоt fаstеr thеn most.
    Can yοu suggеst а good web hosting
    provider at a honеst price? Thankѕ, І appreciate it!


    Feel free to surf to my ѕite :: DiamondLinks.net review

    ReplyDelete
  3. This paragraph will help the internet visitors for creating new weblog or even a weblog from start to
    end.

    Here is my homepage; 50th anniversary gifts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I гeallу like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

    Did yοu dеѕign thіs ωеbsite youгѕelf oг did you hiге someone tο do it for you?
    Plz answeг bacκ аs I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks a lot

    My web-site ... vida vacations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haѵe been eхplοrіng fоr a
    little bit for anу high quаlity articlеs
    or ωеblog ροsts in this kіnd οf аreа .
    Explоring in Үahoo I eventually stumbled upon this ωеbѕite.
    Stuԁying thiѕ infоrmation
    So i am haρpy to conѵey that I've a very just right uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I most surely will make certain to do not fail to remember this site and give it a look on a relentless basis.

    Check out my site :: Daniel Chavez Moran

    ReplyDelete
  6. Informаtіve article, just ωhat I wanted to find.


    Feеl free to visit mу web-site: yaz lawsuit

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you are working with? I'm еxρeгiencіng somе small
    sеcuгity pгoblеms ωіth mу lateѕt wеbѕite
    anԁ I'd like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any solutions?

    Feel free to surf to my webpage; http://privateblognetwork.info/link-building-service/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Fіnally somеthing about nеtwoгκ.


    my wеb-site - link building

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm off to Cebu LDS Temple and will stay at the Patron house for 3D2N. I'll bring some ordinance cards for my ancestors to have it performed there, meet an old friend who baptized me when I joined the church and finally to explore nearby tourist attractions. I just read what infos I wanted to know.. thanks for your blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. I'm really happy to know that my blog post has helped a fellow LDS! Good luck with your temple visit and enjoy meeting friends and exploring Cebu! Thank you also for checking my post and hope to know your name and which ward you go to. I attend Makati 3rd Ward!

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney